Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Announcements, comments, ideas, feedback, and "How do I... ?" questions
ranmink

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Post by ranmink » Fri May 10, 2019 7:00 am

Ah, since you say it generally resolves itself in 12 hours, I'll add the note that this had been happening over a period of several days for me. But it now works, anyway, so I'm glad

hk
Administrator

Post by hk » Fri May 10, 2019 8:31 am

imstupid wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:34 pm
Hi,

I haven't logged into my account for a long while (10 years, I believe) after graduating from high school. I participated in OI/ACM/Topcoder/Codeforces at that time. The day before yesterday one of my current fellow students asked me about how to solve Problem 667 and I logged back, solved it in a day. After I submitted my solution -- which turned to be correct -- I got a message saying "THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY DE-LISTED".
I understand this is because I haven't touched my account for a long, long time. I was wondering how to have my account back?
Thanks!

When someone with such an idiotic user name like imstupid solves one of the most recent problems after a long absence that's suspicious to me.
I suggest you change your username into some less suspicious.
For the time being I made your account public again.

imstupid

Post by imstupid » Fri May 10, 2019 3:07 pm

hk wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:31 am
imstupid wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:34 pm
Hi,

I haven't logged into my account for a long while (10 years, I believe) after graduating from high school. I participated in OI/ACM/Topcoder/Codeforces at that time. The day before yesterday one of my current fellow students asked me about how to solve Problem 667 and I logged back, solved it in a day. After I submitted my solution -- which turned to be correct -- I got a message saying "THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY DE-LISTED".
I understand this is because I haven't touched my account for a long, long time. I was wondering how to have my account back?
Thanks!

When someone with such an idiotic user name like imstupid solves one of the most recent problems after a long absence that's suspicious to me.
I suggest you change your username into some less suspicious.
For the time being I made your account public again.
Thanks a lot! Yes, I use stupid user name when I was young. The same username on Topcoder and SPOJ are also me.

hk
Administrator

Post by hk » Fri May 10, 2019 7:47 pm

Please change that username. I'm not intending to remember that that isn't a suspicious username.
By not changing it you're taking the risk of being permanently delisted again.

imstupid

Post by imstupid » Fri May 10, 2019 9:53 pm

hk wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:47 pm
Please change that username. I'm not intending to remember that that isn't a suspicious username.
Sure, I already changed it.

imstupid

Post by imstupid » Sat May 11, 2019 8:43 pm

hk wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:47 pm
Speaking of this, could you please do me a favor if possible by changing my username here as well? Or you can simply delete this account and I can apply for a new one with the new username on PE.

hk
Administrator

Post by hk » Sun May 12, 2019 11:49 am

Account imstupid on projecteuler.chat deleted.

calypsonic

Post by calypsonic » Sun May 12, 2019 4:15 pm

There seems to be a (small ?) bug in your site regarding the finishing order/timing. I (Calypsonic) solved problem 669 this morning and on the green check screen it said I was 36th (I happened to grab a screenshot). I checked the "fastest solvers" page many minutes later and confirmed that I was 36th (no 37th finisher yet, after many minutes). Today I looked and it says 37th. I looked at your twitter feed (I know it's a bot), and it announced me (Calypsonic) as BOTH 36th and 37th! :) So obviously something is wrong somewhere...
The tweet for 36th is at the CORRECT time: https://twitter.com/projecteulerbot/sta ... 4617533440 (3:48am my time)
The tweet for 37th is at the WRONG time (for me): https://twitter.com/projecteulerbot/sta ... 5922894848 (4:44am my time)
So my best guess is that the solver that was inserted in at 36th (tshark) actually finished in 11hrs 45 min, not 10hrs 45 min. That would put them within 1 minute of the 38th finisher, baihacker, which matches the twitter history.

Obviously I don't care about one place when it's 36th vs 37th, but a one-hour timing error could be huge if it happened higher up on the board...

Thanks for all your wonderful work! I LOVE this site!

euler
Administrator

Post by euler » Sun May 12, 2019 6:31 pm

To be honest, I don't know who is in charge of the Twitter feed and the bot that scrapes data, but nevertheless it does seem to capture something strange going on. I checked the DB and your official time is 8:47.40, tshark solved the same problem at 8:45.04 placing him/her in 36th position. The timestamp in the DB is server time and is entirely independent of the custom time zone that displays for users. So I'm surprised that the main website reported you as being the 36th solver because when you solve the problem the position information you get is real time and not based on any caches.

But thank you for reporting it. I shall share this with the team.
impudens simia et macrologus profundus fabulae

calypsonic

Post by calypsonic » Sun May 12, 2019 6:49 pm

OK, thanks. Here is the screenshot showing 36th. Not a complaint, just letting you know about an apparent bug. The PE problem is usually the highlight of my weekend. Thank you for making this site. :)
Attachments
36th_on_669.png
36th_on_669.png (201.72 KiB) Viewed 68 times

hk
Administrator

Post by hk » Sun May 12, 2019 7:36 pm

There's no bug.
When tshark solved #669 his account was unlisted. After solving #669 he made his account public again.
Please note that unlisted accounts can be made public again.