Is it acceptable if I post some logged-in-users-only informations outside Project Euler sites?

Announcements, comments, ideas, feedback, and "How do I... ?" questions
user202729

Is it acceptable if I post some logged-in-users-only informations outside Project Euler sites?

Post by user202729 »

I think these are okay, just asking to be sure. Obviously this doesn't include "solutions from private threads".

* The "fastest solvers" table (these are only accessible to logged in users).
* Other statistics tables.
* Resources/tutorials for math topics that are used in Project Euler problems, without mentioning the explicit problem index.
hk
Administrator

Re: Is it acceptable if I post some logged-in-users-only informations outside Project Euler sites?

Post by hk »

Logged in users only information is not for nothing logged-in-users-only information.
So the answers seems me to be not OK.
user202729

Re: Is it acceptable if I post some logged-in-users-only informations outside Project Euler sites?

Post by user202729 »

But these information are basically accessible to everyone who only need to provide an email address to create an account...?

The "methods without specific index" should definitely be okay (surely the site cannot copyright the ideas).
hk
Administrator

Post by hk »

user202729 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:28 am But these information are basically accessible to everyone who only need to provide an email address to create an account...?
If people want to read those data they can make an account, can't they?
Why copying them elsewhere? No need to do so.

And why do you ask if you don't accept the answer No?

Of course you can write an explanation for a mathematical subject as long as you don't say which problem it is about.

SO all in all:
the answer about specific Project Euler things is No.
For mathematical explanations without reference to Project Euler you don't need our consent. But you knew that already.