Site Maintenance (Fri 29 Jan 21)

Announcements, comments, ideas, feedback, and "How do I... ?" questions
vrobyka

Re: Site Maintenance (Fri 29 Jan 21)

Post by vrobyka »

It is not displaying on the best eulerians page. And now all scores seem to be wrong. Image
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

I am not sure what happened with that last night. It seems to be displaying correctly again.

As far as I can tell everything is working now, but please let me know if anyone spots any further issues related to the fastest solver tables or the Eulerians' table.
impudens simia et macrologus profundus fabulae
Bobbit

Post by Bobbit »

It looks like previous scores (ranking for individual puzzles or for Eulerians) have not been preserved by the recent software upgrade. So for example my Eulerian score has plummeted. The reason I can be fairly sure about this is that I am in the habit of texting my sister with my ranking for each new puzzle and so I can compare what position I was given at the time with what now shows up for the individual puzzles. My position for today’s puzzle does match what was shown when I solved it, but earlier ones do not. The Eulerian table will correct itself over the next 10 weeks, but the rankings for individual puzzles will presumably still be incorrect (I think these are kept indefinitely). Regarding the Eulerian score - it dropped by 88 points I think, and it shouldn’t normally drop by more than 50 points (except where there were two puzzles 10 weeks before which wasn’t the case).
Regarding server performance, last week I couldn’t load the new puzzle for about 5 minutes. Today it was better, but still took a while (more like normal).
Thanks for all the fun over the last couple of decades!
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

Yes, I'm currently pulling my hair out over this. I've just made some changes elsewhere which I'm hoping might help/fix the problem. At the time of making this post your score is 80 points in the Eulerians' table. Could you check that your score is correct?
Bobbit

Post by Bobbit »

Yes it says 80 but it should be higher. Having read some of the other posts I notice that I too am seeing multiple entries for the same user on the fastest solver lists which may explain the incorrect ranking. Hope that helps...
Bobbit

Post by Bobbit »

Also, if it helps, problem 738 should be contributing to my Eulerian score, but isn’t. The fastest solver list for this shows me at 55 due to the repeated entries for other users, but I was actually 31st (from my text message).
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

It certainly does help. I hadn't re-cached all of the recent problem fastest solver tables. I have done so now and re-cached the Eulerians' table. I hope it is correct now.
Bobbit

Post by Bobbit »

Perfect! Thanks very much for that.

Bobbit.
murrayedwards

Post by murrayedwards »

I have the same as the earlier reported problem. I submit my answer for problem 745, get the green check (and a level up message), but it doesn't give me access to the thread or show it as completed for me.
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

Many apologies. I was making a small change elsewhere and I was testing on my local machine. During the testing I had temporarily disabled correct solutions updating the DB and forgot to put it back. It should now be working. Could you please confirm?
murrayedwards

Post by murrayedwards »

Never mind, 7th time worked.
murrayedwards

Post by murrayedwards »

Or you fixed it :) thanks.
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

Thanks for letting me know. 8-)
jake223

Post by jake223 »

I'm not sure if this is new as of the most recent site maintenance, but at the bottom of pages for problems solved before when problem solve times started being recorded, it shows the solve time as 7 PM on Dec 31, 1969, i.e. 0 unix time, in my time zone. I imagine the time should not be shown in that case.
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

Good spot and thanks for letting me know. I've changed it to display a more appropriate message. :wink: