Way to filter problems with < 50 solvers?

Announcements, comments, ideas, feedback, and "How do I... ?" questions
kailey

Way to filter problems with < 50 solvers?

Post by kailey »

I am new to Project Euler, and have only solved 4 problems so far: 695, 697, 699, 702, (Because a friend linked me two of those, and I solved them). I noticed there is an https://projecteuler.net/eulerians page which is purely ranked by (51-p), which I got #168th position. I am too occupied otherwise to solve when a new problem is posted, is there a way to get list of problems which have under 50 solvers?

Might be interesting to have such a filter - while I realize there may not be any such problem :D . Like "bounty problems" - solve and get Eulerian points!

hk
Administrator

Re: Way to filter problems with < 50 solvers?

Post by hk »

On the Archive page there are up and down arrows above several columns.
If you press the up arrow of the 'Solved by' column problems are sorted by the number of solvers in ascending order.
If you press the down arrow of the 'Difficulty' column you get the problems sorted by difficulty in descending order.
The Recent page can't be sorted but isn't no so long you can't inspect it by eye.

kailey

Post by kailey »

Ah, thank you :), As expected nothing with less than 50 solvers now!

MHealy

Post by MHealy »

Note that the condition is not just < 50 solvers, but also that it is still "recent" (i.e. in the last 10 published problems). When a problem isn't recent anymore, Eulerians points earned for that problem go away.

So, you only ever need to check the recent page.