Rule of Project Euler : Suggestion

Announcements, comments, ideas, feedback, and "How do I... ?" questions
37zigen

Rule of Project Euler : Suggestion

Post by 37zigen »

In my browsing Project Euler, the massage below is fixed on the top because my post contained the external link of code (wandbox). I'm sorry. I understand that it's prohibited. I check all my posts and fixed problems.

"37zigen: You're not allowed to place your code outside PE. Let it be to post links to it. I removed all links to external code and if your post only contained links to external code I deleted you post."

The code which I put could be accessed only from the link. I think it's better to clarify in the rule that posting external link of code which can be accessed only from the link (even if it will not be indexed by Google) is prohibited. When we solve problems, we get the message, "Please do not  publish your solution outside of Project Euler,  for example, on other websites, formus, blogs, or any public repositories (e.g. GitHub), etcetra". In my opinion, whether the code which can be accessed only from the link at thread violate this rule is unclear because people cannot know the link until they solve the problem. This should be clarified in the rule.

Thank you. 

hk
Administrator

Re: Rule of Project Euler : Suggestion

Post by hk »

How is a moderator to know if your posted code is only accessible through that link?
Or if that is the case that some other idiot doesn't put this link somewhere else where the whole world can access it?
Come on it was outside PE, wasn't it?

37zigen

Post by 37zigen »

1. How is a moderator to know if your posted code is only accessible through that link?
2. Come on it was outside PE, wasn't it?

For 1, it's difficult for the moderator to know it. It's reasonable to prohibit it.
For 2, in my feeling, the link which I put is in the middle of public repository and private repository. So, it was difficult (for me) to know it's prohibited from the rule. This is why I made this suggestion.

LilStalker

Post by LilStalker »

I don't find the rule ambigous at all. You are not allowed to post solutions outside PE. What is the reason that you must share the code on external webpage and then promote it in the solution threads?

37zigen

Post by 37zigen »

>>What is the reason that you must share the code on external webpage and then promote it in the solution threads?
I have never promoted it.

hk
Administrator

Post by hk »

37zigen wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:27 am
>>What is the reason that you must share the code on external webpage and then promote it in the solution threads?
I have never promoted it.
Actually a yes/no game doesn't seem very fruitful to me.
@Lilstalker: I've chosen not to go further with this.
If Euler (the person responsible for the site's technical things) wants to do something with it that's fine with me if not it's also fine with me.