I can't login to my username, created the same username again?

Announcements, comments, ideas, feedback, and "How do I... ?" questions
marksquall

I can't login to my username, created the same username again?

Post by marksquall » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:50 am

Dear ProjectEuler members and administrators:

Hello, and a pleasant day.

I've been a member of Project Euler since 2016 (I guess), under the username marksquall. I admit after solving a few problems with all honesty, I had not visited the site for quite some times (I guess much longer than I remebered). Now the issue I encountered is that I can no longer access my account (though I know that is still my password...or maybe not). But everytime I logged in, the website says username unknown. I know it's kind of frustrating, but I just want to know if administrators deleted my account because of my inactivty? I asked this because I've registered again the username, which it was supposed to be not valid because I have that username, again as far back as i remember joining projecteuler in 2016.

I know it is my fault for such inactivity, but I just like to hear directly from any of administrators if they did this. I am just lucky I saved some of my solutions, so I guess I am back to zero again. :( :( :(

Thank you and more power.

Respectfully Yours,

marksquall

hk
Administrator

Re: I can't login to my username, created the same username again?

Post by hk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:27 am

Accounts are not being deleted because of inactivity.
Perhaps you don't remember the (previous) username correctly.

marksquall

Post by marksquall » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Dear administrator hk:

Hello, hope you are well.

I see and I thank you for that. The reason I asked why I have the marksquall username is because I still have the Activation Email in my Yahoo account that goes:

By request this email has been sent to "marksquall" at Project Euler. If you received this email in error then please ignore it.

Greetings marksquall!

To activate your account please click the link below:
http://projecteuler.net/validate=73016332408204

Alternatively you can copy and paste the activation code below into the form on the website:
Activation Code: 73016332408204

Regards,
Project Euler Team
http://projecteuler.net

This was sent November 28, 2012 (is really that long I've been a member, and struggling).
But again it was a pure mistake, I tried to login now to my old account, I am glad I accessed it, and still have my level 1 progress (sorry still not that smart though :D ). What would happened to this "new" marksquall username though? Should I keep it too, or can I request to delete it?

Thank you.

Warm regards,

marksquall

hk
Administrator

Post by hk » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:23 pm

When I look up the account marksquall there are no solved problems, and the user ID is 1441140.
What user ID does your marksquall account have?

marksquall

Post by marksquall » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:54 pm

Dear administrator hk:

Hello, thank you for your response.

Like what I said, I am truly sorry for the mistake, it seems like the "marksquall" I created was just brand new. I have used a different username (that has a progress), and I am happy that I retrieved that again. I just get used of making universal username and I thought I used this also for EulerProject. When the time I can't remember my username, the only hope I got is that Yahoo email. Though to be honest, I am also wondering why the email said marksquall ( you may refer to the attached screen shot as my reference and the date was 2012). But again, I remember now my super duper old username now. I guess I will just keep them both?

Thank you and more power to Project Euler.

Warm regards,

marksquall
Attachments
email.png
email.png (24.5 KiB) Viewed 1061 times

hk
Administrator

Post by hk » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:11 pm

Perhaps you registered as marksquall and later renamed your account to what it is called now?

marksquall

Post by marksquall » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:36 pm

Dear administrator hk:

As I checked my account again, I see that I could rename my username. I guess your conclusion was right, I might have modified this username to what is it now (a long time ago that I can't remember), that explains my first email. Well I guess that explains everything. My sincere apologies for the trouble I might cause.

Thank you and Godspeed. :)

Warm regards,

marksquall