Distinguish active users from nonactive

Announcements, comments, ideas, feedback, and "How do I... ?" questions
LilStalker

Distinguish active users from nonactive

Post by LilStalker » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:49 am

When you are checking the statistics you are mostly interested in the active part of the community. Although I agree that it is great that all the users are considered in the rankings, I think it would be nice if there was a way to quickly distinguish between active users from nonactive ones.
I am thinking about tables of users in different levels and country tables. Would it be posible to make some easy to see distinction between active and nonactive users in those tables?
I was thinking something like shadowing the rows of active users with light green color or adding a green dot at the end of the name row.

For a member to be considered active we could use previously used 1 year period or something lower like 3 months since last solved problem?

mbh038

Re: Distinguish active users from nonactive

Post by mbh038 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:29 pm

I very much agree. While it is nice to see that I am in the all-time top 64 (ahem) for England, and will be nice to see my name there or thereabouts for a few years yet, right now I really want to know who else has been active recently, and how they are doing.

Similarly, it would be great if the Levels tables could also distinguish between active and non-active users. If they did, these are the tables I would look at most. I care about whether someone is around now, but not much about where they come from.

mbh038

Re: Distinguish active users from nonactive

Post by mbh038 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:36 am

Thank you Euler!