New Awards (10 April 2015)

Announcements, comments, ideas, feedback, and "How do I... ?" questions
euler
Administrator

New Awards (10 April 2015)

Post by euler »

A number of new awards have been added and there has been a minor change to one of the awards.
  • Centurion (solve 100 consecutive) has been removed and the following have been added: Flawless Fifty (solve 50 consecutive problems), C for Commitment (solve the first 100 problems), CC for Continued Commitment (solve the first 200 problems), and D for Dedication (solve the first 500 problems).
  • Two difficulty based awards have been added: Easy Prey (solve 25 of the 50 easiest problems) and Big Game Hunter (solve 25 of the 50 hardest problems).
  • Two awards relating to the archives have been added: The Archivist (solve half the problems in the archives) and Master of Archives (solve every problem in archives).
We hope that you enjoy these new awards and they add to the fun as you continue solving the problems.

[edit]Post edited to clarify. Thanks, jaap.[/edit]
impudens simia et macrologus profundus fabulae
jaap

Re: New Awards (10 April 2015)

Post by jaap »

The C for Commitment, CC for Continued Commitment, and D for Dedication are for solving the first 100/200/500 problems. This is what is shown in their mouse-over tooltip text.
Is the Flawless Fifty for solving the first 50 problems, or for any 50 consecutive problems?
nicolas.patrois

Post by nicolas.patrois »

Which ones are permanent achievements?
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

@jaap: They are what they say, but it's always good to clarify in case I'd missed a subtle point. Decathelete and Flawless Fifty are for solving 10/50 consecutive problems from anywhere within the problem set. The C, CC, and D awards are for solving the first 100/200/500 problems.
[edit]The above paragraph has been edited to correct something I said in error.[/edit]

@nicolas.patrois: The archive based awards are temporary, so, for example, if you earn The Archivist and don't solve any more problems then eventually your solve count will be less than half the problems in the archive and you will lose the award. They were introduced in part to provide a fairer version of Perfection. Those who earned Perfection a long time ago had a far easier challenge than those trying to earn it today. With the archive based awards those who currently have the award must have done the same thing to hold the award.

The only temporary awards are: High Flyer (reach and maintain maximum level), The Archivist (solve half the archive problems), and Master of Archives (solve all the archive problems).
pimspelier

Post by pimspelier »

Here's what the mouse-over text of CC for continued commitment says for me: blabla, Progress: 170/200
But I have solved 196 problems, as the mouse-over text of the D-award correctly shows. Also, as Jaap said: in this forum you say that C,CC and D are for any 100/200/500 problems, but their mouse-over text says it's for the first 100/200/500 problems.
nicolas.patrois

Post by nicolas.patrois »

It’s 200 problems in the first 200.
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

pimspelier wrote:Also, as Jaap said: in this forum you say that C,CC and D are for any 100/200/500 problems, but their mouse-over text says it's for the first 100/200/500 problems.
You are right. I don't know why I wrote that. :oops: As jaap pointed out, I had omitted the phrase "the first" from the C/CC/D awards. I have edited my post and the news feed on the main website to correct it. nicolas.patrois is correct in saying that it is the first 100/200/500 problems. There would be not point having an award which asked you to solve any 100/200/500 problems as there would be little difference between that and the levels you progress through for solving 50, 100, 150, 200, ... problems.
deWalk

Post by deWalk »

May I propose a new award (I call them badges):
criterion: solve at least one problem of every difficulty (5..100).
name: (my english is to bad and i'm to dim) <hard and easy> or >no matter how hard> or ?
why: badges are fun and tend to get you addicted.
In fact that was, how I got caught: ...look at the recent problems: oh-oh, ... look at say the 50-easy-problems-award: ok, can do that, fast food, ... let's see what award is next ...
(The proposed new award is inspired by the '81'-award from Groundspeaks geocaching page).
MuthuVeerappanR

Post by MuthuVeerappanR »

A suggestion on awards..

Is there a possibility of introducing country-wise awards.. Something like 'First in your country', 'Top solver of your country' and something like that??

The Elite group is highly competitive to even make an attempt at getting some awards like 'The Gold Medal'. Would probably be more motivating for some of us.

Thanks.
It is not knowledge, but the act of learning, not possession but the act of getting there, which grants the greatest enjoyment.
S_r

Post by S_r »

MuthuVeerappanR wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:00 am A suggestion on awards..

Is there a possibility of introducing country-wise awards.. Something like 'First in your country', 'Top solver of your country' and something like that??

The Elite group is highly competitive to even make an attempt at getting some awards like 'The Gold Medal'. Would probably be more motivating for some of us.

Thanks.
why do you want to snatch all those medals from me?