Why is my account private?

Announcements, comments, ideas, feedback, and "How do I... ?" questions
Luckytoilet

Why is my account private?

Post by Luckytoilet »

I see that my account has been made private, but I don't recall setting it as such.

I am the owner of projecteuler-solutions. However, all the problems I solved on this account (Luckytoilet) are legit -- I only submit answers to problems that I have solved by myself. I use a completely different account for testing purposes, which I reset immediately. As such, I think it's unfair to make my main account private, which eradicated all my past leaderboard positions and eliminates any future potential for solving problems competitively. Whoever made my account private, I would really appreciate if you can undo it, so I can keep enjoying the awesome problems :)

hk
Administrator

Re: Why is my account private?

Post by hk »

You should have considered all these things before starting out with collecting answers and publishing them for problems you didn't solve yourself.
Or are you a little bit schizofrenic?

Luckytoilet

Post by Luckytoilet »

I completely understand if you refuse, that would be quite reasonable. Yes, it is true that I published a list of answers -- but that has no relation to the activity on the account Luckytoilet. I just wanted to clarify this distinction.

As you stated on the news item, this should be a voluntary choice, and should not be unfairly forced on me by the admins. If you check my progress, I have only solved a handful of the more recent problems, but each of them means a lot to me. Thanks. :(

hk
Administrator

Post by hk »

Chickens come home to roost.

fakesson

Post by fakesson »

My question is, why isn't the account deleted, when the user flagrant violates the rule about not publishing solutions elsewhere?

hk
Administrator

Post by hk »

Deleted accounts can be recreated immediately so that doesn't help very much.