Page 25 of 27

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:00 am
by ranmink
Ah, since you say it generally resolves itself in 12 hours, I'll add the note that this had been happening over a period of several days for me. But it now works, anyway, so I'm glad

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:31 am
by hk
imstupid wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:34 pm
Hi,

I haven't logged into my account for a long while (10 years, I believe) after graduating from high school. I participated in OI/ACM/Topcoder/Codeforces at that time. The day before yesterday one of my current fellow students asked me about how to solve Problem 667 and I logged back, solved it in a day. After I submitted my solution -- which turned to be correct -- I got a message saying "THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY DE-LISTED".
I understand this is because I haven't touched my account for a long, long time. I was wondering how to have my account back?
Thanks!

When someone with such an idiotic user name like imstupid solves one of the most recent problems after a long absence that's suspicious to me.
I suggest you change your username into some less suspicious.
For the time being I made your account public again.

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:07 pm
by imstupid
hk wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:31 am
imstupid wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:34 pm
Hi,

I haven't logged into my account for a long while (10 years, I believe) after graduating from high school. I participated in OI/ACM/Topcoder/Codeforces at that time. The day before yesterday one of my current fellow students asked me about how to solve Problem 667 and I logged back, solved it in a day. After I submitted my solution -- which turned to be correct -- I got a message saying "THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY DE-LISTED".
I understand this is because I haven't touched my account for a long, long time. I was wondering how to have my account back?
Thanks!

When someone with such an idiotic user name like imstupid solves one of the most recent problems after a long absence that's suspicious to me.
I suggest you change your username into some less suspicious.
For the time being I made your account public again.
Thanks a lot! Yes, I use stupid user name when I was young. The same username on Topcoder and SPOJ are also me.

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:47 pm
by hk
Please change that username. I'm not intending to remember that that isn't a suspicious username.
By not changing it you're taking the risk of being permanently delisted again.

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:53 pm
by imstupid
hk wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:47 pm
Please change that username. I'm not intending to remember that that isn't a suspicious username.
By not changing it you're taking the risk of being permanently delisted again.
Sure, I already changed it.

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:43 pm
by imstupid
hk wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:47 pm
Please change that username. I'm not intending to remember that that isn't a suspicious username.
By not changing it you're taking the risk of being permanently delisted again.
Speaking of this, could you please do me a favor if possible by changing my username here as well? Or you can simply delete this account and I can apply for a new one with the new username on PE.

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:49 am
by hk
Account imstupid on projecteuler.chat deleted.

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:15 pm
by calypsonic
There seems to be a (small ?) bug in your site regarding the finishing order/timing. I (Calypsonic) solved problem 669 this morning and on the green check screen it said I was 36th (I happened to grab a screenshot). I checked the "fastest solvers" page many minutes later and confirmed that I was 36th (no 37th finisher yet, after many minutes). Today I looked and it says 37th. I looked at your twitter feed (I know it's a bot), and it announced me (Calypsonic) as BOTH 36th and 37th! :) So obviously something is wrong somewhere...
The tweet for 36th is at the CORRECT time: https://twitter.com/projecteulerbot/sta ... 4617533440 (3:48am my time)
The tweet for 37th is at the WRONG time (for me): https://twitter.com/projecteulerbot/sta ... 5922894848 (4:44am my time)
So my best guess is that the solver that was inserted in at 36th (tshark) actually finished in 11hrs 45 min, not 10hrs 45 min. That would put them within 1 minute of the 38th finisher, baihacker, which matches the twitter history.

Obviously I don't care about one place when it's 36th vs 37th, but a one-hour timing error could be huge if it happened higher up on the board...

Thanks for all your wonderful work! I LOVE this site!

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:31 pm
by euler
To be honest, I don't know who is in charge of the Twitter feed and the bot that scrapes data, but nevertheless it does seem to capture something strange going on. I checked the DB and your official time is 8:47.40, tshark solved the same problem at 8:45.04 placing him/her in 36th position. The timestamp in the DB is server time and is entirely independent of the custom time zone that displays for users. So I'm surprised that the main website reported you as being the 36th solver because when you solve the problem the position information you get is real time and not based on any caches.

But thank you for reporting it. I shall share this with the team.

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:49 pm
by calypsonic
OK, thanks. Here is the screenshot showing 36th. Not a complaint, just letting you know about an apparent bug. The PE problem is usually the highlight of my weekend. Thank you for making this site. :)
Image

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:36 pm
by hk
There's no bug.
When tshark solved #669 his account was unlisted. After solving #669 he made his account public again.
Please note that unlisted accounts can be made public again.

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:09 pm
by DJohn
Problem 411 is missing its picture.

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:45 pm
by kenbrooker
For what it's worth --
Picture not missing for me, on
Google Chrome...

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:49 am
by jpeg13
Hi,
I made a post to the problem thread 676, and there was a connection problem while posting. Now the post seems to be registered in the system, because it is present in the post list in my progress and I get the message "You cannot make double posts" if I try to post again, but it is not displayed in the problem thread.
Could you please unlock this situation?

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:15 am
by MuthuVeerappanR
We cannot make two consecutive posts in the same solution forum. I think you should be able to edit your post and add the content in the same post.

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:39 am
by jaap
MuthuVeerappanR wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:15 am
We cannot make two consecutive posts in the same solution forum. I think you should be able to edit your post and add the content in the same post.
I think you misunderstood the problem. The post is not shown in the problem thread so it cannot be edited. Hopefully it is just a caching problem that will resolve itself.

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:14 am
by hk
jaap wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:39 am
MuthuVeerappanR wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:15 am
We cannot make two consecutive posts in the same solution forum. I think you should be able to edit your post and add the content in the same post.
I think you misunderstood the problem. The post is not shown in the problem thread so it cannot be edited. Hopefully it is just a caching problem that will resolve itself.
Thanks for the suggestion, Jaap.
I cleared the data cache and resubmitted the post.
That made the post visible.

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:25 am
by jpeg13
Thank you all for the fast solution :)

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:19 pm
by amagri
Hi Euler team!

This message to inform you that I encountered a bug or at least strange behaviors on the Euler website.

> I finally solved problem #677, but my account doesn’t appear on the fast solvers list (I was #63)

> As a side effect, some information was also missing from my Euler account: country, language and comment (since noticing that, I re-inputted / re-typed these 3)

> After that, I noticed that my account was "unlisted", but I don't recall changing that, even mistakingly

I have now un-clicked the "unlisted" checkbox, hoping that my account will reappear in the statistics and fast solvers.

So the remaining question (hoping that all gets back to normal after the next stats batches) is why/how my personal information was erased?

Many thanks in advance

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:47 pm
by euler
Very strange. I have no idea how that happened. I have test accounts and they all seem unaffected, but we'll have to keep an eye on things.

With reference to your concern about the fastest solvers. You are now back in the table for problem 677 at #62.