Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Announcements, comments, ideas, feedback, and "How do I... ?" questions
euler
Administrator

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Post by euler »

It may have been a temporary caching problem because I'm seeing it now on the Archives and Recent problems pages.
impudens simia et macrologus profundus fabulae
traxex

Post by traxex »

So it seems, sorry for the noise!
Technically, everyone is full of himself.
hk
Administrator

Post by hk »

traxex wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:03 pm The recent problems page used to have a message at the top saying "Problem xyz will be published in H hours, M minutes" when a new problem was near. Problem 624 is coming soon, but I don't see this message. I think it was very useful for people in different timezones.

The News page says that 624 is coming on "7th April 2018, 01:00 pm", which I believe is 16 hours from now.
We always try to set a problem live about 24 hours before publication.
However, we did it somewhat later yesterday. (About half an hour after your post.)
I didn't see your post until this morning otherwise I would have reacted immediately.
War ruins the life and health of untold numbers of innocent children.
philiplu

Post by philiplu »

I've got a post here on the latest problem, 625, that looks fine on Windows browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge), but was garbled under Safari on iOS (up-to-date 2017-vintage iPad and an iPhone 5S). There were double-dollar delimited LaTex expressions, tagged 4 and 6, where the following text was missing except for whatever appears inside inline LaTex expressions or bbcodes, up to the next collapse bbcode or code bbcode.

I just figured out that this seems to be related to use of double-dollar delimiters and (maybe?) the use of \left & \right modifiers in the LaTex. I switched to single-dollar delimiters and added the \displaystyle back manually, so it now looks OK on iOS. If you think this might be a bug in your code rather than MathJAX on iOS, take my post and change back to double-dollar delimiters in the expressions tagged 4, 6, and 7 to see what I originally saw.
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

Unfortunately I have no control over how Safari renders/interacts with MathJax nor can I test it myself. I can only suggest that you use their issue tracker at GitHub to report the problem:
https://github.com/mathjax/MathJax/issues

However, before you do that I'd suggest you create a document on your local machine called something like, test.htm, then copy and paste the code below into it. You can then add the TeX you want between the division tags to test and see how it renders in your browser. The script has no local dependencies and makes complete use of one of the secure CDNs that kindly share the resources for MathJax.

We are currently using MathJax 2.7.1. You could try changing the code below to use 2.7.4 - it should be obvious where - which is the latest version of MathJax to see if that resolves your issue. If it's as simple as us switching to 2.7.4, then I can do that, but if it still refuses to render properly, then you'll need to report the bug to the MathJax developers at the link above.

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<script type="text/x-mathjax-config">
   MathJax.Hub.Config({
      jax: ["input/TeX", "output/HTML-CSS"],
      tex2jax: {
         inlineMath: [ ["$","$"], ["\\(","\\)"] ],
         displayMath: [ ["$$","$$"], ["\\[","\\]"] ],
         processEscapes: true
      },
      "HTML-CSS": { availableFonts: ["TeX"] }
   });
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" async src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.7.1/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS_HTML-full,Safe"></script>
</head>

<body>
<div>

</div>
</body>

</html>
Lunarion

Post by Lunarion »

I have been looking at the statistics pages for countries and realized the page 3 and beyond for Turkey gives the following error:
The requested statistics page is currently unavailable.
If this problem persists, then please report it at http://projecteuler.chat.
Here is the link: https://projecteuler.net/country=Turkey;page=3

Any insights on this?
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

It's usually due to an issue that occurred when the page was being cached. It seems to be very rare and it has happened before, but I don't know what causes it. Fortunately, it should resolve by itself automatically the next time the cache renews (usually 12 hours after creation).
FourLegsDriveCat

Post by FourLegsDriveCat »

"The requested statistics page is currently unavailable" error happens today for Level 3:
https://projecteuler.net/level=3;page=22
Seems not so rare error :)
Robert_OConnor

Post by Robert_OConnor »

According to the "Proposed Release Schedule for New Problems" both 632 and 633 will become available on July 28th.
hk
Administrator

Post by hk »

Robert_OConnor wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:20 am According to the "Proposed Release Schedule for New Problems" both 632 and 633 will become available on July 28th.
That's correct. it's a dual release. No error, no bug.
War ruins the life and health of untold numbers of innocent children.
ugalock

Post by ugalock »

New to the forum and I'm not sure this is the right thread for this, but I just posted a correct answer for problem 82, but the link to the discussion thread re-routes me to discussion thread for Problem 1 and it also does not save that I've got the answer to 82.
Can email screenshots of page if needed.

Cheers
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

Thank you for reporting that. It was reported in another thread and I hope it has been fixed now.
ugalock

Post by ugalock »

Thanks! That fixed it. Just so I know for next time, is this the appropriate thread for something like this?
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

Yes, absolutely. I always appreciate bugs being reported and I check this thread regularly. Cheers.
bruce1999

Post by bruce1999 »

That looks like an programming error to me... x.x
mareksom

Post by mareksom »

Hi, I have solved the problem 631. It's marked as solved and I have access to the thread of this problem. However, I am not present in the "Fastest Solvers" list. The same happened with the problem 623. Can you please investigate this issue?
LilStalker

Post by LilStalker »

You may have your account set to private. Check this under the account settings tab.
mareksom

Post by mareksom »

I have checked the "Account" tab multiple times and I honestly can't see such an option. Can you please tell me more specifically where I can find it?
LilStalker

Post by LilStalker »

Option 'unlisted' check whether or not it is marked.
mareksom

Post by mareksom »

There is no such option. Am I looking for it in a wrong place?
Attachments
account.png
account.png (76.4 KiB) Viewed 8717 times