Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Announcements, comments, ideas, feedback, and "How do I... ?" questions
Thomastd

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Post by Thomastd »

Glad I could help and thanks for the tip!
Ignis_Necrosy

Post by Ignis_Necrosy »

"has earned 1 new award"
award.png
award.png (121.81 KiB) Viewed 3444 times
This looked a bit weird to me. I don't think it is intended considering the redundant leading space and the inconsistent wording.
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

Thank you for reporting that. It was a small, but important modification to the scripts I'd forgotten to make with the recent back-end changes. It should be working again now.
impudens simia et macrologus profundus fabulae
wrongrook

Post by wrongrook »

When viewed on Chrome, problems 81 and 82 and 83 have "Math Input Error" instead of the matrix.
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

I'm not able to reproduce that. I've tried it in Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and IE on Windows.

I'm currently using version 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit) of Chrome. What version of Chrome are you using?
Is it possible you've got a plug-in enabled that might be causing it?

If you press Ctrl+Shift+I (or go to menu More tools->Developer tools), it should default to "Console" view. Is it reporting any errors in that window when you refresh the page?
mdean

Post by mdean »

Just checked in Chrome and it worked fine for me. I do notice something odd though. There's no arrows for the next and previous problems. Is that only available when logged in for some reason?
wrongrook

Post by wrongrook »

I was using 84.0.4147.135 (Official Build) (64-bit).
I've updated to 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit) and get the same problem.
There are no messages in the console (even after a refresh of the page).
It also fails if I disable all extensions.
The Tex displays fine if I display it within this forum.
It works fine with the Edge browser.
It fails the same way when I log in with development account or a normal account or logged out.
Other problems (e.g. problem 9) display fine.

However, on a different computer (also with updated Chrome version) it works fine, so I agree it is probably something weird at my end and not worth worrying about.
fakesson

Post by fakesson »

I lost the High Flyer award when Level 28 was recently added. Is this suppose to be a permanent award? I'm guessing so, since many of the members who currently have this award have solved less than 700 problems (according the statistics page). This not important for me, but I thought I report it anyway.
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

No, it's not a permanent award. Unfortunately, the system does not constantly scan member accounts to decide if they have/have not earned awards. Instead it happens when they solve a problem or visit their own progress page. So for other members who are not at the new maximum level, then their profile will update the next time they solve or go to their progress. However, as you have noticed, there are some members who have reached the maximum level in the past and since then have not solved any more problems or visited their progress page. Consequently they are still listed among those who have earned the award.

It was on one of my old to-do lists and it has been forgotten. If I get time, I will find a better way to manage this situation.
Mbenfold

Post by Mbenfold »

Query on the "solved" counter on the progress page:
On my account the counter on the Progress page shows 121 however, I've only completed 120. A count of the orange boxes gets me to 120. The solve history text file has 120 valid lines and a final 121st line saying "000: No date available".
Is there a miscount here?
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

There certainly was a miscount and I'm not sure how it happened. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Did you find that you'd solved a problem recently and your count went up by two or do you think it'd been like that for some time and you'd only just noticed that the two counters were not in sync?

Anyway, I've re-synchronised your count, but if it happens to you again, or if it's happened to anyone else who's reading this, then please let me know.
Mbenfold

Post by Mbenfold »

euler wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:53 pm There certainly was a miscount and I'm not sure how it happened. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Did you find that you'd solved a problem recently and your count went up by two or do you think it'd been like that for some time and you'd only just noticed that the two counters were not in sync?

Anyway, I've re-synchronised your count, but if it happens to you again, or if it's happened to anyone else who's reading this, then please let me know.
Thanks. I don't recall a time when it jumped. Just noticed the discrepancy today.
user202729

Post by user202729 »

There's something wrong with the [collapse] and the [hide] examples on the forum help page. "Refused to execute inline script"?

https://projecteuler.net/about=forum_tags
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

Thanks for pointing that out. It should all be fixed now.
jaap

Post by jaap »

Two minor irritations:

1. When you select and copy/paste the text of a PE problem, the MathJax is not selected and copied.
I like to put the problem into a code comment at the top of my program for the problem, and that is more work now. It used to mostly copy the maths text, except for some weirdness when copying a radical or sum, but now none of it is copied. I don't know if this problem also affects screen readers.

2. I keep getting logged out of this forum. I tried deleting the projecteuler.chat cookies and logging in again (with the "remember me" box checked), but when I later revisit I often find myself logged out again. I have not kept track of how long it takes for this to happen, but when I tried it just now it already happens just by opening the board in a new tab.
(Using Firefox, latest version v81)
EDIT: I think I worked out the problem here. My bookmark was using an http link, not https, and presumably the cookies were only valid for the latter. Maybe the http version of the forum should automatically forward to https.
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

MathJax dynamically generates the mathematics as the page loads and unfortunately I have no control over this at all. It's not really a perfect solution to your problem, but in the top right corner of each problem page is a small folder type icon which will display the raw HTML.
shs.10978

Post by shs.10978 »

In CarloV's post in Problem 541, he posted M(127) in a collapsed section, that starts with "41878..." . It is incorrect. A quick sanity check is M(127) modulo 127 should equal to 126.

However, when I try to quote the post to correct him, I see in my quoted text the number actually starts with "141878...". That is the correct M(127).

I wonder how the first digit "1" got lost.
hk
Administrator

Post by hk »

I inserted a return after the code statement and it displays fine now.
forarslys

Post by forarslys »

Another small image issue.
The problem 335 contains an image for summation only adapted to default theme.
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

Fixed.