Announcements, comments, ideas, feedback, and "How do I... ?" questions
v6ph1

Re: Errors/Warnings/Bugs

Post by v6ph1 »

euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

Thanks for reporting this. This forum was moved today and in that process it seems that the DNS records for the main site were affected. It may take a short time for the DNS to update, but everything should be sorted now. Hopefully this is the last issue we face and all sites (.net and .chat) should remain stable for quite some time to come.
impudens simia et macrologus profundus fabulae

v6ph1

Post by v6ph1 »

Thanks - for me, it's working again. :D

mdean

Post by mdean »

This site's been down quite a bit lately it seems. Some sort of SQL error, not always the same each time.

euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

Thanks for reporting this. I do get emails when the site goes down and I notice it went down twice yesterday at around 02.50 (UK time) for 15 minutes and 20.20 for 15 minutes. I'll keep an eye on things.

FourLegsDriveCat

Post by FourLegsDriveCat »

Problems are hard to read in Google Chrome (latest) on Android tablet (Samsung SM-T820), formulas are partially overlapped with text. Please see attached screenshot.
Edit: Zooming doesn't change anything. I attached second screenshot with latest problem (690).
Attachments
Screenshot_20191127-200307_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191127-200307_Chrome.jpg (303.34 KiB) Viewed 788 times
Screenshot_20191121-200046_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191121-200046_Chrome.jpg (331.61 KiB) Viewed 866 times

mdean

Post by mdean »

I probably should have noted when this happened, but one of my last times attempting to access the forums, I instead got something on the bottom of the screen asking "What do you want to do with index.php?", giving me the option to open, save, or cancel.

And now when I try to pin or unpin a problem, I get the screen saying "The page you are looking for cannot be found or you broke something. Click above to restore normality." The problem does pin or unpin correctly.

euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

Thanks for reporting it.

They are both unrelated issues. The pinning/unpinning problem has now been fixed. The accessibility issue to this forum: Open or Save dialogue appearing, is still going on. I have been made aware of it twice in the past two days and I'm waiting for our hosts to get back on the issue.

kailey

Post by kailey »

I was #47 to solve the 702 problem, but didn't appear in fastest, then I checked my account settings and found it unlisted, I have un-unlisted my account, but it is not appearing in fastest. I am able to access threads, is there a way to get my account listed in fastest?

euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

It looks like you were the 48th person to solve that problem and you're currently listed in the fastest solvers table:
https://projecteuler.net/fastest=702

The information that told you your position when you first solved the problem is independent of whether or not your account was listed or unlisted. But if your account was unlisted, then you would not have appeared in the table when you first solved the problem. Fortunately, a timestamp keeps an accurate record of when you solved the problem. However, when you relisted your account, you would not appear automatically. The good news is that the next time someone else solves a problem or the cache is updated, then the table is regenerated and you would appear at your rightful place.