Inconsistency on Project Eulers problems forum

Announcements, comments, ideas, feedback, and "How do I... ?" questions
LilStalker

Inconsistency on Project Eulers problems forum

Post by LilStalker » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:20 am

While I see the reason why the name shown in the original Project Euler problems forum is the current alias, and the quoted name of such user is his first (original) username it can sometimes be hard to pinpoint responses between replies.

What I mean is the following: Suppose someone says in his post "as XY said ... " but then few months later that person changes his alias and you now have a hard time finding out who he meant .

Or another case when someone quotes just a part of a post and the quoted persons name is his original name, but the person is using alias since a long time ago. Again you will have a harder time finding that person (and his whole post).

I think a nice addition to the forum would be an ability to see a persons original name somewhere near his post. Maybe under his current name or maybe like it is done in the leaderboards.

Animus
Administrator

Re: Inconsistency on Project Eulers problems forum

Post by Animus » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:25 pm

LilStalker wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:20 am
I think a nice addition to the forum would be an ability to see a persons original name somewhere near his post. Maybe under his current name or maybe like it is done in the leaderboards.
I am not sure I get your point. It is true that the user name pops up in the fastest solver table as (part of the) hover text, but the same is true if place your mouse on the Alias next to the forum post, even if it pops up a little slower.

LilStalker

Re: Inconsistency on Project Eulers problems forum

Post by LilStalker » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:13 pm

Oh I'm sorry. Never managed to see that. I see now that it pops after a bit. Thanks :)