Problem with progress badge?

Announcements, comments, ideas, feedback, and "How do I... ?" questions
Smetad_Anarkist

Problem with progress badge?

Post by Smetad_Anarkist » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:27 pm

On the account page, there is a link to a png that shows your user name and the progress you've made. I assume it's so you can put the image on your blog or something to show how you are progressing with the problems. However, mine is stuck on 27 problems solved, even though I've solved 43.

Is there a problem with said badge, or am I dreaming that I've solved 43 problems so far?

v6ph1

Re: Problem with progress badge?

Post by v6ph1 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:47 pm

The graphic is not updated immediately after a problem is solved and sometimes, the browser cache stores an old version.
So: try to view the picture in 1 hour and reload it without cache (Ctrl + F5 in most browsers).

euler
Administrator

Re: Problem with progress badge?

Post by euler » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:54 pm

When I view your profile image I see you have currently solved 43 problems:

As @v6ph1 explained, you may need to manually refresh your cache if you've only just solved a new problem or two. However, any images more than one hour old are automatically re-generated and this would appear in the file data; a browser should detect this change. So if you're not seeing updated images a couple of hours later, then check your browser settings to see if you've enabled some kind of "offline" mode, which means that it does not check if web page content/data has been updated.
impudens simia et macrologus profundus fabulae