Summer 2017 Website Update

Announcements, comments, ideas, feedback, and "How do I... ?" questions
traxex

Re: Summer 2017 Website Update

Post by traxex » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:52 am

On the profile page there's a nice statistic showing "Highest difficulty solved = x%".

The "green tick" page we see after solving a problem is already quite crowded so I don't know if this suggestion is good, but after solving a problem that changes this statistic, perhaps it could be listed on that page just like other achievements.

I solved a problem yesterday without knowing its difficulty rating, and only noticed a bit later that it was the most "difficult" one I've solved so far. Seeing this statistic right after solving the problem would've been even more satisfying.
Technically, everyone is full of himself.

euler
Administrator

Post by euler » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:06 pm

Nice idea. If I get a chance, then I'll look at implementing it.
impudens simia et macrologus profundus fabulae

euler
Administrator

Post by euler » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:55 am

@traxex: I've implemented the suggestion you made. It will now tell you the difficulty of the current problem, let you know your previous highest rated difficulty solved, and provide an appropriate message.

MHealy

Post by MHealy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:00 am

euler wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:55 am
@traxex: I've implemented the suggestion you made. It will now tell you the difficulty of the current problem, let you know your previous highest rated difficulty solved, and provide an appropriate message.
For what it's worth, the difficulty of a problem is displayed when solving a "recent" problem (even with less than 100 solvers). The only reason I mention this as a possible oversight is because I noticed the discussion on the reasons why no difficulty rating is provided for recent problems elsewhere on the forum. But maybe this isn't a concern when the "unstable" rating is not really public.

I also wonder what difficulty the first solver saw for the problem :lol:

euler
Administrator

Post by euler » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:39 am

Thanks for the heads-up. I've modified the script to not show the rating if it is a recent problem AND if the current number of solvers is below 100. I also changed the frequency counts on the Progress page for problems not yet finalised.

vamsikal3

Post by vamsikal3 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:11 am

I was away from PE for the last three weeks or so, returned today and noticed all the changes to the website. Thanks euler and the PE development team for making such improvements to the website....
my friend key --> 990813_OZPwQtCjkD6KlvxirOoTSZxccMFsuw1L

Gimmesumcredit

Post by Gimmesumcredit » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:45 pm

Agree. I especially like the table on the "Progress" page that shows the number available and number solved at each difficulty level.

MuthuVeerappanR

Post by MuthuVeerappanR » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:04 am

euler,
The overall progress bar changes from red to green whereas the progress bar of the difficulty levels change from red to orange. Would be nice if both of them convey the same meaning. #suggestion
It is not knowledge, but the act of learning, not possession but the act of getting there, which grants the greatest enjoyment.