What is the best programming language ?

In this forum members can discuss topics about specific programming languages.
Azmah

What is the best programming language ?

Post by Azmah » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:46 am

My friend directed me to this site. ITS AMAZING ;D . I've got ruby installed and started learning c++ today. But I'm not sure what's the best. I would like to be able to create anything; from programming my own electronics/devices, to gaming, to right accross to artificial intelligence. Please help me - I'm stuck

harryh

Re: What is the best programming language ?

Post by harryh » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:56 am

Imho, there is no such thing as "best language" for such a wide range of interests and applications.
(It is very questionable if there is a "best language" even if you narrow it down to a single application).

What the best car to buy? Of course, the answer depends on what you want to do with it:
commuting to work / going on holiday / moving heavy loads around / showing off to friends ...

What's the best sports to play / best board-game to learn?

What's the best book to read / best film to see / best piece of music to listen to?

There are no simple answers, I'm afraid...

Azmah

Post by Azmah » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:26 am

I want to be able to create what ever I want. I would like to be able to create programs like Adobe's, Microsoft's, Corell's, etc. I also wish to make humanoids. And I'm not sure of what program to use with this site.

hk
Administrator

Post by hk » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:47 am

As far as solving this site's problems is concerned, you might have a look at the preferred languages of the users listed in this table http://projecteuler.net/index.php?secti ... =eulerians
Here are listed the people that were among the 20 fastest solvers of the recent problems. How the table is constructed you can read above this table.
Out of 80 people listed only one gives Ruby as his preferred language....
Most give C/C++ and Python comes second I think.

For making humanoids I can give you no advice, though.

aishley8656

Post by aishley8656 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:20 pm

Hello,
I would like to say the python language is the best language. I love the python and there's a lot of advantage of python you can build the sites of python. And the best thing is that it is an easy language to learn. I want to be an expert in python so ill be a professional developer. So ill suggest everyone who has the interest to learn the language then go for python and I assure you that you will love it.
Thanks!

Python Tutorial