Thank you !

General chat, humour, riddles, logic/lateral/word puzzles...
Scorpi0

Thank you !

Post by Scorpi0 »

Hi all,

I have searched the forum, but I couldn't find a topic dedicated to thanks this beautiful site, so here it is !
I just passed level 4, and I'm very proud of myself, these problems are so difficult.

Thank you Project Euler for these moments of frustration, and then joy you offer to us.
drsparky

Re: Thank you !

Post by drsparky »

Actually I hate this site... it is sucking all the energy out of me... I sit at work and all I can think of is solving just one more... it's a drug... that green tick mark is a drug...

I've spent hours on this site already and all I can show is the 71 problems I have solved in the last few weeks or so. I want my time back please! :lol:
daniel.is.fischer

Post by daniel.is.fischer »

drsparky wrote: I want my time back please!
Sorry, no refunds.
Il faut respecter la montagne -- c'est pourquoi les gypaètes sont là.
keikiwai

Post by keikiwai »

Agreed. Fantastic site. I'm learning a lot as I go..... (pretty psyched to have finished #3... long ways to go :lol: )
Gomoto

Post by Gomoto »

"Project Euler exists to encourage, challenge, and develop the skills and enjoyment of anyone with an interest in the fascinating world of mathematics."

succeeding scheme!
No one can expell us ...

Thanks!
ketankshukla

Post by ketankshukla »

I'm new here, solved only the first 2 problems, but I can definitely see how this place can be really addictive!

I like the idea of solving these problems with TDD, it's a lot of fun!

Looking forward to solving more as I get time to!!

HappyS5

Thank you as well Re: Thank you !

Post by HappyS5 »

Hello,

I am a medically retired chemical engineer that just made it to level 1. I am medically retired because I have 1991 Gulf War Illnesses(GWI). Because of work stress, as a chemical engineer, my GWI precipitated to schizophrenia and bipolar disorder---schizoaffective disorder (bipolar type).

I use math refreshing and basic engineering refreshing as mindfulness. I am also teaching myself C++ programming at the moment which is how I found Project Euler. To solve problems with large numbers, I found SageMath and have used SageMath on some Project Euler problems. In truth, I love SageMath but I have solved the majority of problems with C++ because I want the programming practice. I am not as efficient as most but I solved the problems.

I am learning C++ because I want to eventually use OpenFoam multiphysics to model some ideas I have.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say thank you.
HappyS5
Chris