Am I Banned?

General chat, humour, riddles, logic/lateral/word puzzles...
Doju

Am I Banned?

Post by Doju »

I tried to find more private path to ask this(like an email), but I couldn't find it...

Currently I'm getting "You are not permitted to submit another guess within 45 minutes of your previous submission" message when I try to submit an answer.
I am a quite experienced problem solver, and recently started to solve problems in here again. Today I accepted 3 problems during nearly two hours, and have one more answer but not being able to submit it because of this issue.

Why is this happened? Is there any possibility that this situation happens again, if I solve problems actively?
Last edited by Doju on Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
hk
Administrator

Re: Am I Banned?

Post by hk »

Currently we are experiencing server issues. We are distributing available slots over users. If you wait the indicated time all wiil be ok.
Yes chances are that this situation happens again.
Doju

Post by Doju »

Thanks for reply. I also found the website extremely unstable two days(roughly 45h) ago...
It would be so sad if it happens again.
Doju

Post by Doju »

And I'm so sad and disappointed now... I submitted only two answers since then, it happened again, and the waiting time is even increased to 50+ minutes. Can't solve problems at all.
hk
Administrator

Post by hk »

Me thinks, up till now you solved four problems today and a couple of wrong answers.
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

I've tweaked the parameters on this, but until I have the time to resolve the load issues the current measures will have to remain in place. Members solving occasional problems will not notice anything. Those who solve a lot of problems will find wait times have increased. A period of inactivity of 24 hours will reduce the wait time for individual members. Otherwise, the wait time is a function of the density of activity with constant usage.

No one is more disappointed than the team to have to introduce a temporary system like this, but the priority is ensuring that the site access remains optimal for as many members as possible until a long term solution can be found.
impudens simia et macrologus profundus fabulae
openBook

Post by openBook »

If you only care about checking whether your answer to the problem is correct or not, there are resources on the internet where you could check your answer. I do not login to PE website these days, I just check the answer using other resources on the internet.
hk
Administrator

Post by hk »

The official resource is https://projecteuler.info/.
The advantage of this resource is that it is automatically kept up to date by projecteuler.
This means recent problems and their answers, changes in problems and the news section.
Updates occur every night.