Translating all problems to German

A place to share links to other websites and interesting articles
philipp94

Translating all problems to German

Post by philipp94 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:12 pm

[edit]New URL: http://projekteuler.de/[/edit]

Hey dear projecteuler.net Team,

I saw the French and the Russian translation page of projecteuler.net and thought: I could translate the problems to German! I already started building the website and translating the problems (currently about 90), and I would link to the problem on projecteuler.net below my translation.
This is what it looks like: http://projekteuler.cwsurf.de/ (old broken link). The Login Area is only for me as the Admin.
There is one main question I have: would it be allowed for me to use your CSS? I think your web designer did a really great job, and I would love to use the Style Sheet on my page, too.

If you, dear reader, are speaking German, please comment on my idea of translating this page!
Wenn Sie, lieber Leser, deutsch sprechen, bitte schreiben Sie einen Kommentar zu meiner Idee, die Seite zu übersetzen!

With Regards,
Philipp Fischbeck aka philipp94

P.S. Yes, the "94" means I'm 16 years old!

euler
Administrator

Re: Translating all problems to German

Post by euler » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi Philipp,

It looks like you've done a really good job so far. Feel free to use the CSS. Although I have to admit that it's not well structured. It has been put together over the years, so it has a little of one thing and a little of another, and a close examination will reveal this. I keep thinking that one day I'll re-write it using what I know now.

I've sent you a PM of an email address you can use if you have any further questions or comments and wish to contact me directly.

I also suggest that it might be worth inviting other German speakers to help with the translations: splitting up the work load and proof reading. Perhaps they could use this thread to make contact with you.
impudens simia et macrologus profundus fabulae

Susanne

Post by Susanne » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:03 pm

It is useful to translate the page. There are many, especially older people in Germany who did not learn English. Besides there are probably a lot of people who only speak a bit English.

Edit 22.10: It seems to me confusing if there is an own web page for each language. I would like it more if all translations were part of this web page.

Edit 24.10. There might be a lot of people in Germany whose Englich is not so good. On the other hand it is very popular here to learn English. There are provided various courses, books etc. It is even tought in the primary schools.
After several days of thinking about the translations I believe it is useful yet not urgent to have such to German, and all translations should be on the original PE web page.

philipp94

Post by philipp94 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:29 pm

The site is now back online at http://projekteuler.de/! I am still working on the feature that visitors can suggest translations and improvements, but at least the website is back online. I also redesigned it.

Regards,
Philipp

euler
Administrator

Post by euler » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:27 pm

Good job, Philipp. The new design looks very clean and impressive.

I've added your new URL to the Project Euler Translations thread and I moved this topic into the Resources section as this is where other language translation threads are kept. I hope you don't mind, but I also edited your first post to add the new link in case someone spots this thread and clicks the old broken link before reading any further.
impudens simia et macrologus profundus fabulae

SoboLAN

Post by SoboLAN » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:49 pm

I've added the German translations to the Translations Script :) .

DarthToast

Post by DarthToast » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:22 pm

Hi projecteuler Team,

I wanted to ask if there is still a need for german translations?

hk
Administrator

Post by hk » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:01 pm

The team doesn't have opinions about the need of specific translations.
That's entirely up to those speaking a particular language as they can judge how many people exist speaking this language that might be interested in Project Euler and are not able to read the original.

Oliver1978

Post by Oliver1978 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:34 pm

DarthToast wrote:Hi projecteuler Team,

I wanted to ask if there is still a need for german translations?
Projekt Euler currently shows 110 problems. If you want to contribute, visit their site and use the contact form to submit a problem. Philipp should be really quick to send a reply and implement your suggestion.

philipp94

Post by philipp94 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:27 am

Oliver1978 is right, just contact me either via the website form or just send me a PM here. I will happily integrate the suggested translation/improvement into the website.