Website Update (12 Nov 20)

Announcements, comments, ideas, feedback, and "How do I... ?" questions
euler
Administrator

Website Update (12 Nov 20)

Post by euler »

A new feature has been added that allows you to watch discussion threads. The link to toggle this is found at the top of each discussion thread page. When a thread is being watched, the problem ID will have a box around it in the problems table. But to help you keep track of these threads, you can now filter byWatched. Some members had said it was getting difficult to keep an eye on threads in which they had been following or involved in a discussion.

In addition, recently it was made possible to view problems in the Chronological order in which you solved them. This is another way to keep track of the most recent threads you might be interested in.

Finally, it should be apparent that the website has received some small cosmetic updates. Hopefully it helps to make Project Euler a little bit tidier.
impudens simia et macrologus profundus fabulae
pjt33

Re: Website Update (12 Nov 20)

Post by pjt33 »

Possibly related to an earlier update, but I noticed it while reviewing my posts to see what threads I might want to watch:

Has something changed in the MathJax configuration? I'm sure my post https://projecteuler.net/thread=229;page=5#349423 used to have newlines from the \\ inside $$.
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

Yes, that happened before the update. We moved to MathJax 3 and it seems to be an issue with newlines. It's very annoying as I'd experienced the problem with some of our existing problem set. The advice they're giving is to leave formatting as it is and a future patch should fix the issue.

There is a fix/workaround and if you're desperate to do it now, you can find it on this page (which explains more about the problem). But personally I'd leave it; it will start working when they provide the update.
https://github.com/mathjax/MathJax/issues/2312
forarslys

Post by forarslys »

Thank you for implementing a new feature!

I noticed one thing which I presume is done unintentionally. In the user lists of statistics, the former silver star icon for develop team members has now only a black outline leaving everything else transparent, making it almost invisible with the dark theme.
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

You're right, it was quite unintentional. Thanks for letting me know. I've added an interior.
croguet

Post by croguet »

On the progress page, the pinned problems used to be displayed in blue. They are now displayed in dark brown, making it hard to distinguish from the solved problems. Is this change intentional ? Blue was a much better choice for me !

Thanks for this awesome site !
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

Pinned problems should now be a light red. I'm using the blue for the discussion thread "theme", which includes pinned topics. Because the new pin icon is red I've used red for pinned problems. I have just adjusted the balance slightly to make it more "red". See if that's any better.
croguet

Post by croguet »

That's better yes, thank you ! I can now tell the difference from the solved problems (but it's not as visible as it used to be with blue).
euler
Administrator

Post by euler »

You may have already spotted it, but in case you hadn't realised, on the Archive page you can choose to filter by "Pinned" problems. This will just list the problems that you have pinned, whether you've solved them or not.