posting solutions of solved problems

Announcements, comments, ideas, feedback, and "How do I... ?" questions
amit.singh3396

posting solutions of solved problems

Post by amit.singh3396 »

Is it advisable to post solutions in the problem thread? And if yes, what are some good etiquettes to post a solution
hk
Administrator

Re: posting solutions of solved problems

Post by hk »

Only if you have something new to add that wasn't mentioned in the other posts. Or if you have a program in a language that isn't in the thread already.
philiplu

Post by philiplu »

I'd add to hk's comment with my own preferences: if you're going to post, please don't simply post the solution code without explanatory comments, however brief, except maybe if you're the first solution in a new language. When reading a post, I want to know what prompted your post without having to parse your code to figure that out.

Also, please, please, please, use the code tag to collapse your code, so people reading the forums can choose when to look at your code, and not have to scroll over it constantly.
amit.singh3396

Post by amit.singh3396 »

philiplu wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:54 pm I'd add to hk's comment with my own preferences: if you're going to post, please don't simply post the solution code without explanatory comments, however brief, except maybe if you're the first solution in a new language. When reading a post, I want to know what prompted your post without having to parse your code to figure that out.

Also, please, please, please, use the code tag to collapse your code, so people reading the forums can choose when to look at your code, and not have to scroll over it constantly.
Thank you for your inputs. Posts without any explanatory comments is exactly what prompted me to ask this question.